lørdag den 20. august 2016

Black Friday - Kommatia Cropped Trousers and a selfdrafted top

I should start by apologizing to my soon to be 18 year old daughter. This outfit was meant for her - but somehow ended up on me. (Grow some hips, kid!)

I've been meaning to try Kommatia Patterns for quite some time now; these Baggy Cropped Trousers beeing amongst my (and Luna's) favorites.

As mentioned above I was going start by making Luna a pair. A size M sounded just about right for her - but as you can see they ended up on me. I'm sure it has more to do with my choice of fabric than the actual sizing on the pattern. Because the only times I'm a size M is in my dreams!

The pants are made of a crepe back satin from Stofdepotet. I've used the crepe as front. The fabric has some stretch - and stretches even more when worn, so yeah, that's why I'm in a size M. I might be the worst Mum ever, but I'm kind of glad that Luna was swimming in these because I'm absolutely and head over heels in love with this design. It's not easy to see on my black version but the pants have an assymetric crotch line - which could easily be altered into an ordinay crotch line if preferred.

I did alter the design a little. The original pattern has you inserting a zipper in the cb seam, but I moved mine to the side seam on Luna's suggestion.

The top is self drafted. This is my wearable muslin - now I just wish I had added more length to it. My focus was on the high neck/straps/bust fitting part, and I wasn't really going to use it...but hey, it's a crop (that I really don't feel that comfortable in, so this one might go to Luna). I do like the fit of the top, though. Just as I had envisioned. More to come for sure. Perhaps even a dress version. The fabric is some stretchy 'leather look' jersey from Stofdepotet.

And that's how I went out last night for my friend's 40th birthday. Today I'm a little hung over, still wearing last nights make up...and have a house to clean. Le Sigh! (Or I could just sew some pants for Luna)









7 kommentarer:

  1. Jeg kan godt forstå at du hapsede sættet til dig selv, det er virkelig et flot sæt, du ser hammer lækker ud..
    Jeg har alt for stor barm til sådan en top (og for meget mormorarm), men bukserne må jeg vist prøve at sy...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tusind tak. Mormorarme kan jeg nu også prale af, synes jeg - stor barm må jeg nøjes med at tænke mig til :-)

      Slet
  2. I would leave the cleaning behind and sew some more of these! ;-)

    SvarSlet
  3. oh yeah, who wants to do cleaning after a great night out! Sewing sounds heaps more fun :) Trine, you look stunning :) I don't think you are the worst mum ever. more like the hottest :) Looking forward to the dress version :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Jenya - you are the sweetest ever! Thank you so much, my friend. And I agree. More sewing - less cleaning.

      Slet
  4. You look fab! Great outfit.

    Suz | www.prettyflorals.co.uk

    SvarSlet