fredag den 13. maj 2016

Tie Back Romper (also known as 'the thing you only wear during holidays and weekends because it's impossible to get off - and on - unless you have a helper)

Last time Wilma wore something like this, she was 2 years old and still wearing diapers - cause let's face it, these cute rompers/playsuits/jumpsuits with back closures are just not practical! I've made her a couple of jumpsuits with zipper front, but never this 'impossible to get out of so big chance you pee your pants' kind. This suit is for home, and then I'll probably make her a dress version for school - yup, this pattern comes with dress, jumpsuit and romper pattern pieces and two lined bodice variations. 

The pattern is McCall's 7102 (from 1994). 

I find that many vintage patterns for children's clothes run large/roomy in size so I decided to make a size 8 for my 145 cm tall 9 year old. The width is perfect but next time I just might lengthen the bodice a couple of centimetres. 


Romper Love....







6 kommentarer:

  1. I love this! The back is so beautiful! Can't she just slip it down over her shoulders, skinny as she is?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. She can - the obstacle is her round booty ;-)

      Slet
  2. I love the back. So nice.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. The back is definetely the reason why I made this :-)

      Slet
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love the look :)

    SvarSlet
  4. it might not be practical, but it sure is gorgeous!

    SvarSlet